top of page

Property History

Family Owned since 1928

Our sea-side property has been in the family since Ester Greenstein Kettell bought the 83 acre farm in 1928. The original farmhouse burned down in 1968, but our family rebuilt and remained on site.  In 1996 the cottage was built and run as a summer retreat. The Bed and Breakfast, now run as individual suites, was built in 2010, and ran as a traditional Bed and Breakfast for 10 years under the care of Donna and Phil Doyen. The cottage and suites are now run by their daughters: Karen, Beth, and Katherine.  

original purchaser of the property
Blueberries

Working Farm

The 20 acre wild blueberry field is a working field, where we harvest blueberries every other year. After the blueberries are harvested, the field is mown down in the fall so that the crop comes back stronger. After a year of growing, the field is ready for harvest again.

 

Guests are encouraged to enjoy the bounty when the blueberries are in season at the end of July and beginning of August.

bottom of page